ABOUT CYTIVA IMAGING AND WESTERN BLOTTING
Cytiva provides the expertise and tools spanning a wide range of applications from basic research of proteins and cells to large-scale purification of biopharmaceuticals. Within the bioprocessing space, Cytiva provides products and expertise for developers and manufacturers of biotherapeutics to enable efficient, flexible and cost-effective approaches to characterization, expression and purification of biomolecules. The company offers tools and support to take recombinant proteins, monoclonal antibodies, plasma proteins, oligonucleotides and vaccines from research, through process development, to full-scale manufacturing. Cytiva has a "healthymagination" vision for the future to improve quality, decrease costs and increase access to better healthcare around the world.
Protein research: protein transfer, western blotting probing and detection, western blotting and imaging
Cytiva's protein research portfolio encompasses downstream processing and includes solutions for large-scale production as well as tools for process development, Quality by Design, analytical analysis and flexible manufacturing. Some key product areas for analyzing proteins by electrophoresis, blotting, imaging and surface plasmon resonance are listed below:
- Amersham™ HCPQuant CHO ELISA and Amersham™ Anti-CHO HCP Antibody kits - Our products are designed to quantify and characterize host cell proteins in process-derived samples harvested from CHO supernatant and reduce the risk of unexpected host cell proteins during the transition from generic to specific HCP ELISAs. This results in helping you to maximize the efficiency of your HCP management strategy.
- DIBE™ HCP CHO kit: for validating HCP ELISAs
- Melanie™ coverage software: Analyze how well your HCP antibody covers all the HCPs in your sample.
- Collection and Analyses Microplates
- Components For Lateral Flow and Flow-Through Immunoassays
- Immunoassays And Biochemical Assays
Blotting and detection
- Amersham ImaqeQuant™ 800 biomolecular (CCD) imager – available with optional GxP compliance software, ImageQuant™ TL (IQTL). Our software module is specifically designed for regulated environments to meet the increasing requirements of regulations like FDA 21 CFR part 11 and EU GMP Annex 11 — where data traceability, accountability, and integrity are critical. With features such as windows access control, audit logs and image authenticity checks, ImageQuant™ 800 GxP and ImageQuant™ TL supports you with electronic data management.
- Amersham Typhoon™ laser scanner - Designed for versatile imaging and precise quantitation of fluorescent, colorimetric, and radiolabeled nucleic acids and proteins.
- Melanie™ Classic/DIGE analysis software designed for visualization, matching, detection, quantitation, and analysis of 2-D DIGE and other 2-D gel images. Available in Windows®, macOS® formats and compatible with industry laser scanners including Amersham Typhoon™.
Cytiva's products enable improvements in process efficiency through optimized performance, advanced automation, integrated unit operations, and technical support. These solutions allow agile manufacturing with shortened development times and excellent facility utilization. The company offers complete start-to-finish solutions in a range of areas such as monoclonal antibodies, plasma proteins, oligonucleotides and vaccines, and is continuously developing its range of products and services.
Gain access to practical guidance and an intuitive understanding of how to establish a generic CHO HCP ELISA for your process development.
We analyze causes and preventive strategies relating to common Western blotting pitfalls, such as high background and unspecific or weak bands, and discuss how to find appropriate antibody dilutions without trial and error.
What approach can help ensure high-quality data is generated from every Western blot? What is the best detection method to obtain quantitative data? What key factors generate quantifiable results?
In this study, we share our development of a coverage assay for a drug substance expressing sample. We demonstrate the removal of a monoclonal antibody drug substance from a production sample.
Using Pharmalyte® In Capillary Isoelectric Focusing (cIEF) For Charge Variant Analysis Of Monoclonal Antibodies
Discover how to provide reduction in background interferences speeding up analysis by improving peak integration and improve data quality by providing highly reproducible pI values for protein charge variants.
Western blotting is an established way to detect and analyze proteins. We share the latest expertise and technology to support your success from sample preparation to analysis.
Is gel and blot imaging a part of your workflow? Understand five ways the Amersham ImageQuant™ 800 GxP imaging system helps you remain compliant.
The stakes are high in biologics development, especially in host cell protein (HCP) analysis. See how optimizing your HCP assays can smooth your route to market.
Andrew Hamilton, PhD, Scientist, Imaging & Western Blotting, and Joe Hirano, PhD, Program Manager, Imaging & Western Blotting, answer top questions about challenging host cell protein assays.
With more than 20 years of expertise, Cytiva's consumables were developed to support 2D electrophoresis for HCP coverage and give you a solution that provides the highest sensitivity and resolution.
Walk through four questions to help you decide if your HCP analysis data is accurate, robust, and ready for next phase approval.
Critical aspects of therapeutic development and manufacture are host cell protein (HCP) detection, quantitation, and removal from drug substances, to ensure efficacy and prevent immunogenicity.
Explore methods to detect HCPs and how to reduce the risk of unexpected HCPs and maximize the efficiency of your HCP management strategy.
Robust solutions deliver accurate results to prevent HCP underestimation and maintain the pace of biopharmaceuticals development and production.
For reagents, security of supply is a regulatory requirement, a factor that’s critical to consistently monitoring host cell protein (HCP) during the production of a biologic.