The BIOXYTECH 8-OHdG-EIA Kit is a competitive enzyme-linked immunasorbent assay (ELISA) for quantitative measurement of 8-hydroxy-2'-deoxyguanosine (8-OHdG) in tissue
For Research Use Only. Not for Use in Diagnostic Procedures.
Summary of Test:
The BIOXYTECH 8-OHdG-EIA Kit is a competitive enzyme-linked immunasorbent assay (ELISA) for quantitative measurement of 8-hydroxy-2'-deoxyguanosine (8-OHdG) in tissue. serum, plasma and urine resulting from oxidative damage to DNA. 8-OHdG is produced during DNA repair and its measurement may be useful as a marker of oxidative damage due to aging, cancer and other degenerative diseases.
Principles of Procedure:
1.The 8-OHdG monoclonal antibody and the sample or standard are added to a microtiter plate well which has been precoated with 8-0HdG, The 8-OHdG in the sample or standard competes with the 8-OHdG bound on the plate for the 8-OHdG monoclonal antibody binding sites. Therefore, higher concentrations of 8-OHdG In the sample solution lead to a reduced binding of the antibody to the 8-OHdG on the plate.
2. The antibodies that am bound to the 8-OHdG in the sample are washed out of the well, while those that have bound to the 8-OHdG coated on the plate will remain.
3. The enzyme-labeled secondary antibody is added and binds to the monoclonal antibody that remains on the plate.
4. Unbound enzyme-labeled secondary antibody is removed by a wash step.
5. Addition of a chromogen results in the development of color in proportion to the amount of antibody bound to the plate.
6. The color reaction is terminated and the absorbance is measured.
OXIS Research a division of OXIS Health Products, Inc., 6040 N. Cutter Circle, Suite 317, Portland, OR 97217-3935. Tel: 503-283-3911; Fax: 503-283-4058.