Rocket 4D Very Large Volume EvaporatorSource: Genevac Inc.
The Rocket Evaporator uses patented vacuum technology to evaporate solutions to dryness, or a concentrate, rapidly and safely.
The Rocket Evaporator uses patented vacuum technology to evaporate solutions to dryness, or a concentrate, rapidly and safely. Two models are offered: the Rocket itself, which evaporates samples in flasks, tubes, or a variety of innovative Genevac sample holders; and the Rocket 4D, designed to evaporate large sample volumes, with auto feed if required. The split cutaway illustration, showing part of the Rocket 4D on the left and the Rocket on the right, highlights their distinct and common features.
Using a single, common, oil-free vacuum pump, the Rocket creates two vacuum environments: a low vacuum causes the solvents in the sample to boil at a low temperature, often below 0°C; a second vacuum environment boils deionized water to make low temperature, low pressure steam. The temperature of the steam heating the vessel or flasks in the Rocket is controlled in this way; while the temperature of the aluminum outer chamber is also carefully controlled at the user’s set temperature.
Features of the Rocket 4D:
- Removable 316 stainless steel vessel – holds up to 5 liters of sample (batch mode), or can be used to evaporate larger samples with auto feed.
- Auto feed coupling enables large volumes of solvent to be fed into the evaporation vessel under control of the evaporator, to ensure safe, rapid evaporation or concentration.
- Autofeed option with sample feed via center of inner lid.
- Auto-draining frost-free solvent condenser collects all solvents as liquids. Plastic coated glass for safety and visibility.
- Easy to use controls. Select the method for the solvents to be evaporated set the maximum safe temperature and start.
- USB upload of new methods and software and download of recorded data.
- Built in second condenser for most volatile solvents.
- Waste solvent drains.
- High power heaters with temperature control for outer chamber.
- Outer chamber