High Air Flow (HAF) Air FiltersSource: 3M Purification
3M™ HAF Air Filters may offer an ideal alternative in applications where regular filter replacement is difficult or impractical, but where low airflow resistance is important.
3M HAF Air Filters are available with an antimicrobial agent to help inhibit the growth of mold and mildew on the filter media. Users should be aware that mold and mildew may grow on captured particles that build up over time on the filter.
- UL 900, Class 1 flammability rating (US) for filter thickness = 20 mm
- UL 900, Class 2 flammability rating (US) for filter thickness > 20 mm and = 50 mm
- RoHS Directive compliant. The product does not contain any of the substances in excess of the maximum concentration values in EU Directive 2002/95/EC, as amended by Commission Decision 2005/618/EC.
- Maximum operating temperature: 158°F (70°C)
- Cleaning: Filters should be replaced rather than cleaned. If filters are cleaned, vacuuming may restore initial air flow rates; however, other performance metrics may not be restored, depending upon the type of particles encountered in the application.
- 3M does not recommend washing HAF Air Filters, because washing them can negatively impact efficiency, arrestance, and dust holding capacity of filters, whether large particles are present in the environment or not.