Gibco® FunctionMAX™ TiterEnhancerSource: Life Technologies
Gibco® FunctionMAX™ TiterEnhancer is designed to deliver higher concentrations of key ingredients than previously possible.
Highly concentrated ingredients
Gibco® FunctionMAX™ TiterEnhancer is designed to deliver higher concentrations of key ingredients than previously possible. FunctionMAX™ TiterEnhancer achieves a concentration of 150g/L, over seven times that of most basal media, and it has been shown to be stable in dry or liquid format for over a year.
Reconstitution of the AGT™ dry format is surprisingly simple: just add water and stir. There is no pH adjustment required. As a pH-neutral additive, Gibco® FunctionMAX™ TiterEnhancer is safer handling and use than extreme-pH alternatives; additionally, it will help avoid bioreactor complications often seen with extreme-pH supplements. Gibco® FunctionMAX™ TiterEnhancer in liquid format is very stable and created from the same AGT™ dry format material. The liquid is provided for small scale trials and AGT™ dry format for seamless scale-up in use.
No exotic ingredients
Gibco® FunctionMAX™ TiterEnhancer does not introduce new ingredients to your fed-batch system; it simply provides the same key components found in basal media that the cells need late in culture to maintain their productivity. The technology used to combine these ingredients does not introduce any additional components either.
Gibco® FunctionMAX™ TiterEnhancer does not contain any growth factors or components like hydrolysates. A DMF (Drug Master File) reference can be requested for this product to help assure regulatory authorities that there are no exotic components in the formulation that could create regulatory concerns.
Up to double titer
- Helps reduce cost per gram of protein
- Helps increase specific productivity without need to further increase cell density
Highly concentrated, pH-neutral additive
- Easy to deliver to culture
- No impact on bioreactor pH
- Avoid extreme pH hazard
- Helps reduce product quality risk
Minimal optimization required
- Can be added to current process or as partial feed replacement
- Less need to adjust working volume of bioreactor
- Helps reduce process development time
- Less regulatory compliance risk
When to select Gibco® FunctionMAX™ TiterEnhancer
- If you have a drop-off in specific productivity late in a high-density fed-batch culture, Gibco® FunctionMAX™ TiterEnhancer may be able to improve your titers
- If you have an extremely low peak cell density fed-batch culture, you may want to consult with PD-Direct® Services for advice on cell adaptation and/or fed-batch optimization
- If you have no drop-off in specific productivity late in a high-density fed-batch culture, you may want to consult with PD-Direct® Services for advice on fed-batch optimization for increasing titers